"Enough" has many faces.
The "enough" I want to focus on today is enough as a determiner. We have no idea how much this six-letter word effects our lives on a daily basis: professionally and personally.
- Am I doing enough?
- Have I done enough?
- Are there enough?
- Will there be enough?
- enough in the eyes of our family...
- enough in the eyes of our community...
- enough in the eyes of our colleagues...
- enough in the eyes of those we love...
- enough in the eyes of those who are scoring an application...
- enough in the eyes of those who we teach...
Why does this word drive us? Acceptance.
- We all want to feel accepted.
- We all want to be praised for our effort and work.
- We all want to be a part of a "game-changer".
- We all want to be the best at want we a passionate about.
If we feel this way on a daily basis, can you imagine how our students feel? Which leads me to this question...
- What are you doing to make your students feel like they are enough?
- What if you were vulnerable in front of them, which led them to open up?
- What if you made mistakes in front of them, which led them to not be afraid to make mistakes?
- What if you were a role model for them, which led them to be a role model to someone else?
- What if you exposed them to opportunities, which led them to make their own choice?
- What if you gave your full attention to every conversation you had with them?
- What if you consoled them when they were sad, laughed with them when they made a joke, or supported them when they made mistakes?
- What if you valued EVERY moment you had with them?
- What if you reminded them that you love and care about them?
- What if you showed them how proud of them you were?
You may be
the ONLY one
who makes them feel
like they are
Someone SHOWED them... YOU ARE ENOUGH!